We are pleased to announce that we will be hosting three courses for qualified PAs employed in Thames Valley and Wessex. These are CPD accredited courses that are to be delivered by the Royal College of Physicians specifically for Physician Associates. Please find below a list of the sessions that will be delivered.
- Review the content of the scheduled courses
- Register you preference for the course you would like to attend – details on how to do this will be sent out by Monday 26th April. This is in order to ensure we can maximise the number of Physician Associates that have the opportunity to attend at least one course as there are a limited number of spaces on each course.
- All allocations will be on a first come first serve basis.
- If you are not allocated to your first preference we will endeavour to offer you a place on your second or third preference based on if there is availability on the course.
- Please do not book onto the course yourselves; these courses are hosted by HEE Thames Valley and Wessex so we will arrange bookings on your behalf.
|Course name||Date & Time||Content||Further course details
(for reference only)
|Mentoring skills training for PAs
CPD credits: 5
|Wednesday 14th July 2021 (full day)||Our mentoring skills workshop has been developed to support allied health professionals who are already in a mentoring position, as well as those preparing to take on such a role. The workshop gives attendees an opportunity to explore the role of a mentor, as well as ideas and models that can be able to put into immediate practice.||https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/education-practice/courses/mentoring-skills-workshop|
|Physician Associates: Working and Leading in teams
CPD credits: 3
|Friday 17th September 2021 (AM only)||This half-day workshop will explore your current team structure and function, and suggest how you can maximise its performance. By identifying different theories and methods, including leadership styles, we aim to equip you with practical ideas to utilise in your own workplace.||https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/events/physician-associates-working-and-leading-teams-london-2|
|Teaching in the Clinical setting
CPD credits: 3
|December 2021 (date TBC)||This half-day workshop is designed for physician associates with an interest in teaching. It will provide practical suggestions to maximise the learning opportunities within the clinical setting and address common challenges.||https://www.rcplondon.ac.uk/events/physician-associates-teaching-clinical-setting-london-2|